• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Is Mary Ann Rogers Mary Ann Stead ?

smtr

master brummie
Hi

John, Caroline and Mary Ann Rogers were siblings.

I have the details of Caroline Rogers to Joseph Downing in 1845 at St. Martins and one of the witnesses is Mary Ann ROGERS, Caroline's sister and Mary Ann signed her name.

I have the marriage certificate for John Rogers to Martha Appleby 26 Dec 1859 at St. Phillips. One of the witnesses is I believe John's sister, Mary Ann STEAD and she signed her name.

Now what I would like to prove is: Is Mary Ann STEAD the Mary Ann ROGERS, now married? (Although I can find no marriage).

I wonder if someone could look at the St. Martins marriage of Caroline Rogers and Joseph Downing and compare the handwriting of Mary Ann STEAD (attached) to the handwriting of Mary Ann ROGERS at their wedding?View attachment 70029Many thanks. Hope I haven't made this too confusing:)

Suzanne

Thanks Les.

It's totally different isn't it? Mary Ann Rogers' looks less strong and completly different style :)

Oh well back to the drawing board. I don't suppose I could be cheeky could I and ask for the full scan of Caroline's marriage? I would be really grateful but don't worry if you can't:)

Suzanne

I know its a stab in the dark, but do you have the following census of Mary Ann stead? There might be a family member from the Rogers side staying with her at one point to prove the link.

I know its a stab in the dark, but do you have the following census of Mary Ann stead? There might be a family member from the Rogers side staying with her at one point to prove the link.

Hi
I'm pretty sure I have already followed the census for a Mary Ann Stead and not come up with anything concrete. I agree with Les though and think these are 2 different people. Thanks for your interest though:)

Suzanne

forgot to add if you don't have the ability to look at census's pm the details of the family and i will look for you as i'm able to see all uk documents.

forgot to add if you don't have the ability to look at census's pm the details of the family and i will look for you as i'm able to see all uk documents.

Thanks for the offer but I have access to all the census years.

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

Are you researching the Rogers line and if so do you have any recordS that go back beyond 1801,

i have Caroline (bn1834) and Mary-Anne (nee Simcox) (bn 1843 m 1865) in my familly but i think the time lines are wrong for your inquiries

Regards

Ron

Hi Ron

Yes I am researching the Rogers' line. My Caroline and Mary Ann were born about 20 years before yours so I don't think there's a link I'm afraid.

Regards

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for that .. A long shot do you have a William Rogers born abt 1801 in SoliHull ? (Thats all I the info I have on him)

Regards
Ron

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for that .. A long shot do you have a William Rogers born abt 1801 in SoliHull ? (Thats all I the info I have on him)

Regards
Ron

Sorry Ron. Earliest William Rogers I have is 1882 Bham. My branch of Rogers, so far, originate with a Henry Rogers Born c1785 in Kidderminster (his father was a Henry also but I have no other details except he was a Weaver) who moved with his family to Bham around 1830-1835.

Regards
Suzanne

Back