• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Is anyone around?

Richie

Mr.Respectable
I don't know how the day will pan out later on but i may be in the Birmingham Central Library Archives later today Thursday 20th March bewtween,say, 1 and 3 pm. Just in case anyone else is that way and wants to say hello. Black everything except shirt due to an office meeting earlier on-so I'll be looking for somewhere to burn out in:D

Getting there!

Almost Alf. Except viewers need to know that it is image No.3 in that set we are more interested in on here, since the link will only get you as far as the first slide. That's what got me all mixed up on the previous attempt.:)

You'll find that website needs a lot of time to get around. There are several separate sections on there the whole BHWR community will go giddy on, but none of the search facilities seems to be linked:(

Talking of the Birmingham Cinemas page, can i include stuff that is nowadays covered by the 0121 telephone code which wasn't some 50 years ago, or do we have to be strict and say anywhere outside the Outer Circle bus route is no-go?

Incidentally to everyone, i'm keeping lists of all the info i put on here, together with a compilation of references to all books and magazine articles I come across which for copyright reasons i can't reproduce on here. By the end of the decade, which is next year:biggrin:, I hope to have got some reprinting permission here and there to be able to produce a cumulative booklet of my own, or an all-singing all-dancing website instead! In the meantime, i'm getting news of links from movie fans all over the world, so watch this space everyone!

Back