• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IP address

jukebox

Engineer Brummie
Can't quite work out whether it's OK now or not! If not try these (after checking for nasties as others have recommended)
1. Make sure your browser is up to date.
2. Clear your browser cache. All browsers are different but can advise if I know which browser you're using - or use Ccleaner.

Ken_R

master brummie
Alberta. Glad you got it sorted.

Another FREE program to run is Eusing Registry Cleaner. It tends to ask for a code but just ignore that. What is the Registry? A full explanation is available here:- https://help.comodo.com/topic-159-1-290-3248-.html

Essentially it points your computer to where to find stuff.:)

Think of it as going into your local Library and consulting a card index. The card index will tell you where to find a particular book. However, that book may not be on the shelf. It may be out on loan, or it may been transferred to another Library, or disposed of. But the card index doesn't know that, because nobody has updated the card index. So you go around looking for something that isn't there.

Computers do the same. Except the card index for a computer is the Registry. So the Registry will search for something that is no longer present, or has been moved, and another Registry location has been created (without deleting the original).

As you can imagine, over time, the Registry will acquire hundreds, if not thousands, of 'broken-links'. Things that are not where they are expected to be.

In the same way that a card index will periodically need 'weeding', so the Registry also needs 'weeding'. A Registry Cleaner will identify those 'broken-links' and permit you to delete them.

I tend to run Eusing about 3 or 4 times a year, if I remember.:(

guilbert53

master brummie
I would NEVER suggest to anyone to run a Registry Cleaner.

More likely to do more harm than good (if it deletes the "wrong" item)

More advice here on NOT using Registry Cleaners from the people who make Malwarebytes

Another negative for Registry Cleaners here:

And another negative for Registry Cleaners here