• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Introducing myself

CelticPaua

Brummie babby
Hi there, my name is Geraldine Hughes, I'm excited to have discovered this site.
I was born in Birmingham in September 1957, I believe at Loveday Street Hospital. We lived at 95 Anderton Park Road. I believe the house was owned by Mrs [Annie] Jensen whose sons were Frank and Richard of Jensen Motors. Prior to December 1956, my father [Brendan Hughes] had lived at 11 Palmerston Road and worked at Barratt and Co in Corporation Road. My mother [Phyllis Hughes, nee Ward] had worked at a local hairdressers. In 1959 we immigrated to NZ where I have lived since.
We were Roman Catholic, my parents were married and I was baptised in Moseley.
I have a photo of Nicholas [not a relative, unsure of surname] and myself taken at Kenilworth during this time and the name Christine Evans who I believe was a friend of my mother. She may have also lived at the Anderton Park Road house.
I would be so so grateful for any thoughts or memories of any of the places/addresses I mention or even any connections to names.
I am the only member of my family to have been born in Birmingham, a fact I feel very proud of.
I am currently in the UK, hoping to get to Birmingham later in the year!

Hello from a fellow newbe to this site. You've come to the right place to make connections to your past. Good Luck with your search.
:)

1957 electoral roll lists your mom, Annie Jensen and Raymond & Wendy Raby in flats at 95 Anderton Park Road.

There is a Clarice Evans listed there in 1960 & 1962.

hi and welcome to the forum...where exactly was anderton park road...have to say i have not come across it before

lyn

1957 electoral roll lists your mom, Annie Jensen and Raymond & Wendy Raby in flats at 95 Anderton Park Road.

There is a Clarice Evans listed there in 1960 & 1962.
Thank you so much!
Do you mind me asking how I can view the electoral roll - is it in person only!

Back