• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Instant Messaging From Smart Phone

Re: instant message problem

Click on Instant messages on tab at top, go to 'send new message', type in user name - eg nijinski, title and message..
be polite and courteous - simples!
Hope this helps - you can always send a test to try out
Brian

I am a little surprised at this post Nijinski, you sent me 2 messages last week and they arrived perfectly Ok and I replied.Alberta.

Last week i downloaded 'opera mobile'. Sending messages was ok from that. But I had to get rid of it because it was causing problems with the phone, now I'm back with 'opera mini'. I can receive messages ok on it but it won't send messages. So I send them directly from google, the trouble is downloading is a lot slower. I'm sorry for the inconvenience I may have caused, regards.nijinski

Are you using Tapatalk? Makes life easier. Paid version is best and not expensive. I use Opera and have no problems.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

I click on "users name" on post, then the Instant Message option that comes up...

Thanks for the advice bernie, I'll look into it.my phone is. Samsung galaxy pro b7510, its not so up to date.whether that makes any difference I don3 know.

Hi ladylinda. Mine does the same on opera mini. It just doesn't send it. Thanks for the advice and your time

I used use Tapatalk on my original Wildfire. No logging on it really is easy to use. You can link with many forums.

Yet again I am blinded with high tech jargen, 'opera mobile' 'opera mini' 'tapa talk' all just words to me, I simply click on members avatar, then 'instant message' - VOILA !!! Same with uploading pics, I have heard people using 'photobucket' (whatever that is) and other assists Why ? I simply click on that sqare icon (looks like a tree) 3rd from the right under 'Reply to Thread' then 'select files' Voila !!! Again. In fact I have no problem putting my paintings on a thread either from my PC or Copper Mine without having to download any software. Eric+

Last edited:
Eric the question concerns connecting with forum via a Smart phone not a PC.

Back