• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Inquest report

Maria Magenta

master brummie
Could someone remind me how to find the report of an inquest? An ancestor of my husband's was killed in an accident in Islington in 1928. I've found lots of newspaper reports of the accident, but we would like to know what actually happened. (That sounds a bit odd!)

does not sound odd to me maria...i was able to have a coroners...police and post mortem reports sent to me regarding a family matter from 1945 think it cost me £11 but that was about 7 years ago...you will need to contact the coroners office i would assume in islington..

lyn

does not sound odd to me maria...i was able to have a coroners...police and post mortem reports sent to me regarding a family matter from 1945 think it cost me £11 but that was about 7 years ago...you will need to contact the coroners office i would assume in islington..

lyn

Thanks, lyn, I'll do that.

Unfortunately the file was one that had been destroyed - apparently a certain amount are when time has passed. But I'll know what to do next time.

oh that is a shame...i was just thinking...you said you had found lots of newspaper reports...dont they tell you exactly how the accident happened...

lyn

oh that is a shame...i was just thinking...you said you had found lots of newspaper reports...dont they tell you exactly how the accident happened...

lyn

We've been able to put some of the story together from newspaper reports. Apparently the man (who was 80) went out to get some medicine for his niece, who was ill. He was knocked down by some kind of vehicle and died in hospital soon afterwards.
The niece inherited everything. She must have felt so guilty.

Back