• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Inkerman St Vauxhall

I used to live at 153 Inkerman street next door to the Kincades my name is Kevin my sisters names was Sheila the eldest Pat and Glennis,

Thanks for info but have no recollection of your name, tho' I was only 6 yrs old, when bombed out, my kin were Cave my gdad also lived in Inkerman Street, builder and owned several properties around there, thanks again, be happy, bri

Hi Cbrian.We lived at 145 Inkerman st what is your surname the Beswicks lived the one side of us and the Chapmans the other the Kincaids are good friends of our family Knocker (Tommy) the son works with my brother i chat to Mary alot on facebook i seen her at a reunion at Duddeston Manor a couple of years ago our surname is FLOYD Irene

Hi Cbrian.We lived at 145 Inkerman st what is your surname the Beswicks lived the one side of us and the Chapmans the other the Kincaids are good friends of our family Knocker (Tommy) the son works with my brother i chat to Mary alot on facebook i seen her at a reunion at Duddeston Manor a couple of years ago our surname is FLOYD Irene

Good morning Irene, my surname is CAVE, my grandfather owned property around Inkerman St; as did my uncle Bert Cave,he was a plumber, bri

Hi Irene I must be getting old I forgot to mention that my sister Pat use to live at 1/145 Inkerman st her surname is Murphy.

Hi Young

Would your older sister Glennis be about 66 now? if so ask her if she remembers Phil, Anne's brother from Francis Street.

Hi Young

Would your older sister Glennis be about 66 now? if so ask her if she remembers Phil, Anne's brother from Francis Street.
Hi Phil
Yes she would have been but sadly she passed away 3 years ago in her sleep.

Regards Kevin

Kevin

I'm very sad to hear that, as she went to school with my sister and then later she and I dated for a while. I lived in Francis Street at the time so it was before 1964 when we moved Inkerman Street, but by then she wasn't about so I assumed she had moved.

I was born in Inkerman street in 1957. Does anyone remember the Edwards family in the street at that time? My mum was Dora and Dad was George (ex navy), I think he worked for the gas works? My sisters are Janice, Carole and Jacqueline (Jacky)

Last edited:
Hello All
Trying to find Gail Jones. Use to live at 170 Inkerman Street. Late 60's early 70's. Met her many, many years ago while on holiday in Great Yarmouth, 1968 or 69. We both would've been about 14 then. We became pen friends, as I lived in London. I joined the Army in 1970 and by the time I started writing to her again, it would've been late 1971.
Reading through this , i can see everyone was moved out in 1970. This could be the reason that we lost contact. Any information would be greatfully received, as it would be nice to hear from her again to see how life as turned out for Gail.
Thank you.

Hi Mick.I remember Gail Jones From Inkerman St we lived at 145 Inkerman St.I seen Gails mom in Erdington a few months ago i do know Mrs Jones lives in Nechells still.I will ask one of my facebook friends if she still sees Gail.Irene

My memories of Inkerman St was a lovely time my name then was Carole wood we lived at 199 facing the railway club.I have a siser Marie my moms name was Brenda.dad Tommy who have both passed away now.I'd love to hear from any one who might remember us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I lived on inkerman St 199 from about 64 to 1970 my name then was Carole wood I went to Vauxhall gardens.I remember Sarah Hartigen I think that's how you spell it she used to look out for me and I used to help her with her paper round I used to be in the same class as Jean castle who lived on the same St. I have lots of fond memories of that time

Hi Chels.We lived at 145 Inkerman St.Do you remember the Jacksons,Hathaways.Jones they lived down by you.The Kincads cowens beswicks lived by us and Diane Plant lived by the Britt pub.I went to St Annes Devon St,then onto Duddeston Manor happy memories.Irene

Hi Irean I remember the Cowens my mom Brenda used to chat with I think her name was Rennie a lot and very often a cup of sugar went her way.I also used to play with a girl called Elizabeth Farrell.who I met again for a short while has we ended up at Bordesley green girls school for a time. I remember going into the shop just up from the factory.the woman's name was Beverly. We never had a lot in them days but all looked out for each other.Happy days.Carole

Hi Carole.Your right her name was Rennie has you said we never had much but we was always there for each other,fed n clean.Happy memories i have of down the old end.Irene

Hi Irean I thought I was right with Rennie's name. Yes ive fond memories. It's a shame kids to day can't play out for hours like we did then and be safe and yes we all had a cooked meal of some think and considering we didn't have bathrooms kept clean with the tin bath in front of the coal fire when cold.Carole

Back