• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Information on lost WW2 pilot .

Arkrite

master brummie
A friend on another forum has asked if further information can be found on the following RAF pilot lost in WW2.

Sargent. Arthur Raymond JONES.
Service Number. 1056257
124 Squadron ...Spitfires
Died 27th July , 1941 when his Spitfire crashed into the sea off the coast of Scotland.

Raymond was born in West Bromwich and baptised at the Holy Trinity Church where his parents had been married.

My friend would like to know what schools Raymond attended and is he remembered on any local memorials or Rolls of Honour. In fact any information which would put a human face to the name of a lost hero.

I thank you in anticipation..arkrite.

Thanks Colin for the information, I have passed it on. I am having a dig around West Mids memorial sites. To be a SGT. Pilot I would think he would have been a Grammar School boy at least. Not much on the net at all.

Back