• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Info On Jennie Shepherd Nee Taylor.

Shepherd clan

Broughton family. Twittey family
Im researching JENNY TAYLOR who married WILLIAM e l SHEPHERD. . IN 1938.
Jennie was born in 1920 and died about 1991. In birmingham. I have marriage cert and her father is WILLIAM TAYLOR. Finding difficult to trace any more info . Any help appreciated.

There is a Jennie Shepherd, with husband W E L Shepherd, at 145 Brighton Road on the 1945 e roll. Still there on 1950 roll. By 1955 they are at 22 Alexandra Street, Ladywood. Are you trying to trace her and her husband or go back with her parents? Mother's maiden name was Jones.

Thank you pjmburns

That was very nice of you to reply. Im tracing jennie and william . Any children. Her family ie parents siblings rellies etc but no info on the search via ancestry. I really do appreciate your info and gives me more than i had. I looked up brighton rd and there are few others listed maybe these coukd be her parents and siblings or children . Again thank you
Bobbie . These are my paternal grandparents

If you have her marriage cert perhaps you could post their address at the time of marriage also her father's occupation. It might just help. I did a search for children born Taylor and mother's maiden name Jones but there were a lot so we would need to narrow the search a bit more.

Bobbie,

My surname is SHEPPARD (and all the variants!), originally from South Worcestershire if you go back to around 1816, and on my mother's side I have TAYLOR (my grandmother's maiden name). However, I can't see a link anywhere.

Going back, I can see the marriage of William E.L. SHEPHERD's parents as
William L. SHEPHERD married Beatrice M. MISTERS at Kings Norton, 2nd Quarter 1917, Vol 6d Page 218
if that is of any help.

And TAYLOR in Birmingham is a so-and-so to research! :)

Maurice

There is a marriage registered for a William Taylor and a Rose Jones in Aston, Dec qtr 1914.

Possible children of William and Jennie. Ancestry lists a William E L Shepherd (Mother nee Taylor) born 1950 registered Jul qr in Birmingham.

Bobbie,

My surname is SHEPPARD (and all the variants!), originally from South Worcestershire if you go back to around 1816, and on my mother's side I have TAYLOR (my grandmother's maiden name). However, I can't see a link anywhere.

Going back, I can see the marriage of William E.L. SHEPHERD's parents as
William L. SHEPHERD married Beatrice M. MISTERS at Kings Norton, 2nd Quarter 1917, Vol 6d Page 218
if that is of any help.

And TAYLOR in Birmingham is a so-and-so to research! :)

Maurice

Thank you very much for looking.

What i have is
Father of william e l shepherd is Thomas l shepherd. Thomas married Elisabeth Eliza Neal.

William e l Shepherd married Jennie Taylor in 1939
He married my nan lillian Twitty in 1935 .

Whats interesting is no divorce and a postman informed my nan that her husband had married anogher person . I find out Jennies father was a postman . Who knows if it was him

I appreciate any news and thank you .
Bobbie

Back