• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Independance Day 4 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
NON-essential businesses such as hairdressers, pubs, cinemas and places of worship can reopen to the public on July 4. The day has been dubbed Super Saturday or the UK's Independence Day, after the businesses have spent three months being shut due to the coronavirus pandemic.

My very best wishes to all of you that live in the States - John, Richard, and those whose location I can't remember.
Have a great day, friends, and enjoy the turkey and whatever!

Maurice in a rather warm Crete :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the good wishes. No fireworks in Parker, Colorado USA today but a fun day. Will ride by bike thats for sure. Interesting, that our Son Captain Paul Crump, (who has 30 years now in the US Navy). His third son, Braedan Crump. Was born in Japan, when he was stationed there. ON THE 4th OF JULY!!! He is 15 today, so we have a true "Yankee Doodle Dandy, Born on the Fourth Of July" in our family

Last edited:
The whole area, of Times and Duffy Squares plus Broadway, 7th. Ave and the 46/47 street crossings have since lockdown, has been extremely quiet - both traffic and people. Strange really considering it is usually a very busy place at most times of day and night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back