• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

In the garden 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have at least three baby robins zooming around in the garage. Parent could not wait for me to open the food tin, and sang till I did, then it swooped in before I could take any out, I put it in a little plant saucer and transfer it to the feeder outside, it now takes it from the saucer in my hand.
When the parents depart the babies sort of hide. My partner could not see them. My phone camera is poor but I got 2 photos. The eldest chick I think, you can make out behind/lower down than the adult on the garage roof support he has a tiny bit of red in his breast. The other I think is the middle one if there are three.
They will be safer in there. The 2 new cats are very intent. We don't know if they have disturbed the great tits or not.

Attachments

• 20220420_160600.jpg
    20220420_160600.jpg
    962.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220420_160635.jpg
    20220420_160635.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
Attempted aerial shot of the robins nest entwined in the power cables, there were two other cables looped on top of these a white and a black. Note my feet. I put the camera inside on the second one and pressed. I think she may lay again. I wonder if the creamy blobs are faecal sacks? The outer nest is enrobed with dead oak leaves. They blended with the black cable.
My partner opened the garage door tonight and almost trod on 2 babies on the door mat. Then she noticed they had all three squeezed out under the door. We think two went back in as we could not see them, I went out with the torch, the bigger one is in a small recess on the ground. I am worried as we have driven the cats off four times today. My torch picked up a hedgehog, Was pleased about that.

Attachments

• 20220421_122247.jpg
    20220421_122247.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 20220421_122552.jpg
    20220421_122552.jpg
    886.6 KB · Views: 14
Looks like the cat got all the babies. All that effort. Parents are feeding each other and looking for them, very agitated. I am putting a draught excluder brush on the bottom of the door now. If they have another brood with us they can stay inside longer. It must have been quick I heard the rumpus and saw the cat shooing off with a mouthful, :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back