• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

In The Garden 2021

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
I am sure this is very late in the season but .... I have a passion flower out. Never tried one before and I planted it way back this year. It has had buds for ages (I think I first took a pic in September). The last one which looked like opening got knocked off in some high winds. I had given up when I spotted a glimpse of a pink/purple coulour between the leaves. When I dashed out - there it was. There are quite a number of other buds so will have to wait and see what happens.
smashing jan...weather is mild at the min...i had about 4 very late lillies and my fushia shrubs are still in bloom

lyn

Lady Penelope

master brummie
OCT 21 069.jpg OCT 21 068.jpg
Not very easy to see but just in front of the chair is a little deer, probably a muntjac. Not unusual but this garden, where he's busy munching his way through the flower border, backs on to the cross-city line and is just a few yards from the busy Chester Road. He must have come via the railway line but although there is greenery up to the station he must have crossed there railway bridge.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
View attachment 162974 View attachment 162975
Not very easy to see but just in front of the chair is a little deer, probably a muntjac. Not unusual but this garden, where he's busy munching his way through the flower border, backs on to the cross-city line and is just a few yards from the busy Chester Road. He must have come via the railway line but although there is greenery up to the station he must have crossed there railway bridge.
well ive never seen anything like it pen...i do hope he made his way back to safety

lyn

Lady Penelope

master brummie
well ive never seen anything like it pen...i do hope he made his way back to safety

lyn
So do I Lyn. However, the neighbour who took the photos has been asking at the station and was told that one of the drivers had seen deer on the football field in Boldmere and was sad to say that one of them had got on to the line and been killed. Hope it wasn't 'ours'. Graham said he'd seen foxes trotting down the line on their way to Birmingham. I wonder what brings the deer and other wildlife to such a busy spot? Food I suppose. Or curiosity.