• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

In the Garden 2020

Nico

master brummie
Raked some moss, split some plants but I don't know the name but they are yellow! New neighbours admiring the elephants ears which flowered all summer. So I will give them some. I gave them a potted history of their garden so they said if we are stuck they will shop for us. How kind.

superdad3

master brummie
Hi,
My wife has an Amaryallis which has flowered for the last seven years! It gets bigger & better each year & now has two new bulblets coming up. Usually flowers around Easter time & flowers reaches 70cm high. It lives on a south facing window cill all year round in full sun and is kept well watered. After flowering leaves die off & replaced with new ones. Has been repotted a couple of times.

Update: bigger & better. Four flowers this year. Two open, two to go. Now 85cm high.

Attachments

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
Yes, lots of blossom and a clear sky, Eric, better than Crete. We're rather cloudy and the fierce wind of the last few days has dispersed all the blossom I'm afraid. Enjoy.

Maurice :cool:

rosie

brummie
I saw a butterfly outside this morning. I thought I heard someone mowing but it was a massive bee trying to get past the net curtain, I'm allergic to stings so he wasn't as welcome as the butterfly.
The rhubarb is growing, at least that will be something fresh!
rosie.

Nico

master brummie
I saw a butterfly outside this morning. I thought I heard someone mowing but it was a massive bee trying to get past the net curtain, I'm allergic to stings so he wasn't as welcome as the butterfly.
The rhubarb is growing, at least that will be something fresh!
rosie.
Me too a Peacock butterfly, yes rhubarb, roses shooting up. Herbs. Primroses spreading, all the spring flowers, nesting birds, bumble bees, gnats! Moss drying up a bit! Had to water the pots. And less traffic, less noise, pollution. wooooo!

Pedrocut

Master Barmy
This poplar tree must stand around 70 ft tall and about 150 yards away. Over the years I have never seen a nest at the upper part. I took a picture of what I thought was a nest and must have glanced several times for more than an hour to check if any birds were present. When I downloaded the picture I saw it was a squirrel, but it had not moved during the time I watched the "nest." I went outside again to check and the squirrel had gone. Hope he got down safely.

DSCN2304.jpeg