• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Book: In and around aston (through time) by Rudge & Houghton

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all...just like to remind you all that the new IN AND AROUND ASTON book is now on sale:) yet another great book packed with pics and info...written by ted rudge and john houghton...well done john and ted..:):):)

lyn

Lyn will let my friend Sandra know from the harbour as she is a big Ted Rudge fan and of course I am a big John Houghton fan:shh:. Jean.

hi jean...bet john is blushing right now:D great tribute to aston is this book...:)

lyn

Hi
Is this book available from WHSmiths, My family came from Aston originally and i would love a good book to read about the area.
Adele

I will bring a few to the Stag meet if any one is interested let me know so as I can bring enough
John H

hi John
With two young kids i rarely get to meetings,where are you based if i can collect one. By the way i have very much liked your site on Aston for many years.
Adele

Hi John
i live on the Pheasey, not far away. How much is the book and would you mind if i collected one if i arranged a day.
Dads side nof the family all came from Cowper street by the dairy, two brothers married two sisters.
Adele

hi Adele the books are £12.99 if you are interested I will sort it out as you say you only live on the Pheasey
John

Hi John
sorry didnt get back sooner, the kids havent been well. I would love a copy of the book, is it any easier if i sent my dad out to get the book, hes a goos one and wont mind.
Adele

Back