• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Book: Image of Birmingham by Birmingham Mail

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
HI GUYS ;
Today i purchased a book called image of birmingham by the birmingham mail ;
a thick hard back book ; and its jammed packed ; page by page of clossy pictures of birmingham from way back before the war years and through it and the rebuilding of birmingham from right across brum ; you will spend hours pawing over the papge ;
from the 1700 throgh to the later yeatrs of the sixtys
just a breife mention of its contents
1;ROYAL REALM ;
2;INDUSTREAL ASSORMENTS ;
3;THE BULL RING AND BEYOND;
4;WATER WAYS ;
5; BIRMINGHAM AT WAR ;
6;THE PUB BOMBINGS ;
7;STECHFORD RAIL CRASH;
8 SPORTING HERO;
9; NEW DIMENSIONS ;
THESE PAGES ARE LARGER THAN LIFE IN FULL PAGE CLOSSY ; AND THERE IS MORE SUBJECTS WITH IN IT ;
KING AND QUEEN THE BUILDING OF THE NEW TOWN HALL AND HANSON COUNCIL HOUSE ;
I HAVE TO ADMITT I BOUGHT THIS SHOP FROM OXFAM IN BROMSCROVE ; FOR ONE POUND NINETY ;IN MINT CONDITION ;
BUT I AM SURE YOU CAN OBTAIN IT FROM MOST BOOK SHOPS
THE ORINIONAL PRICE WAS SIXTEEN POUNDS NINETY NINE POUNDS ; ITS A HARD BACK WITH A CLOSSY BOOK COVER AROUND IT ;
BEST WISHES EVERY BODY ASTONIAN;

Book Title is - Images of Birmingham.
Author - Birmingham Post and Mail

• Hardcover: 192 pages
  • Publisher: Breedon Books Publishing Co Ltd (Sep 1996)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1859830609
  • ISBN-13: 978-1859830604
Just bought a copy off the Internet for 1p + Post and Packing (£2.80)

Astonian - Thanks for the information.

Back