• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Identification of Sports Cup?

There is Janice but I could only find this one (where they lost) in a final. Not sure if it’s a different league or renamed works league though. Viv.

View attachment 151624
I appreciate you looking at this but now a tad baffled with your extra findings? I guess at 29 my Grandad would be young enoung to go kicking a football around! Many thanks for coming up with the ideas ... I'd love to know the story of all this!!

I am not convinced it is football. If your Grandad has a cup marked "winner" would it be a team competition or was he an individual winner? In which case my bet would be something like fishing.
(We have a couple of shields won in works fishing competitions by my father in law so such events existed). Incidentally Warriner and Mason delivered to Wrensons so there is a connection.

I am not convinced it is football. If your Grandad has a cup marked "winner" would it be a team competition or was he an individual winner? In which case my bet would be something like fishing.
(We have a couple of shields won in works fishing competitions by my father in law so such events existed). Incidentally Warriner and Mason delivered to Wrensons so there is a connection.
Asked my Dad and he says his Dad did not fish! Thanks for 'getting closer' with the 'connectios'

The W&M inscription seems to be an unusual gothic style.

Been looking for a Warriner & Mason logo to see if that helps but don’t seem to be able to find one. Viv.

Back