• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

I Wasn't A Evacuee But I Spent A Month Here

Alf

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
In 1941/42 We went with Mom,Gran & my Cousin Betty to stay at this lovely Village in Dorset on a Farm.:)
It was arranged by my Dad who was stationed near and as its near Christmas I thought this a nice photo to post.

View attachment 40786

To be continued........

Hi Jean - It was Evershot which I'd never heard of but they've got a nice little website. Just looked on GoogleEarth, but can't see Alf's farm.
Phil:)

Alf that place looks beautiful:)you have got to tell us the rest now..as a kid i would never have thought that there were places like that

Ive been back twice since one in 1964 & again in 1992 when I was invited in to the place by the owner Maggie
:) continued....

Oldmowhawk and Alf will ask my daughter in laws parents if they know of it as they are up from Dorset for a few days. Jean.

No and its the time we spent there if it had been a few days I may have forgot it but it was over a month but my Sister and myself had meales while we were there, more on that later.

I'm just working on the photos I took as they are to large I forgot to edit them.:D

Here's one for the ladies they filmed TV dramas there over the years

https://www.south-central-media.co.uk/lit_home/austen.htm

Last edited:
Alf, That is the most lovely cottage i have seen, perfect for a Cadburys Chocolate Box before the foreign vultures get their claws on the company. Len.

Back