• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

I need help

B

best

I need help and somebody told me that the people here could help!!

Does anybody know of any websites where I could get some photographs of Birmingham, as I've started a myspace dedicated to Birmingham and Im in need of some pics to use on it....can anybody help?..or does anybody have a photos that I could use?...I dont mind stating on the profile who/where I got them from!

Welcome Best could be interesting, I'm sure you will find somebody who could put you on thr right track:) Keep watching the Forum.

Best.....you never said what type of photographs you needed.....old or modern........you can search in posts too see if there is anything suitable and on the understanding you give credit to this web site and myself....

I will attach a few new ones which I took this weekend gone....they were taken in Aston....Upper Thomas Street.....

1, view towards the city.

2, looking down Tower Road towards Aston Cross

3, Aston Express Way going out of the city

4, looking down Upper Thomas Street towards Park Lane, with the now Closed H.P. factory on the left....the Junior and Senoir Schools would stood to the left where the bushes are now....once a busy street with school children and workers....now dead as the dodo

unable to replace personal photos

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you are in Brum
Why not start taking photo's yourself ....if you can
If not get Friends and relatives to take snaps for you
You would soon have 100's ..........all your own work ........loads to photograph here in Brum.
More satisfying if you have done it yourself instead of using material from other websites...
You can get postcards old newspapers books at junk shops and material from the library maps etc.
If you just go round town with a Digital camera you would soon have over 100 pics all your own work
It would also be far better to put your web address here so folk could send you anything direct

i kneed help

Hi

Agree 100% with Cromwell. Get yourself a digital Camera.
Perhaps select a theme you are interested in.
Post a few on this website. Amazing what you can get back
from people like Cromwell and others.
Birmingham has thousands of Choices. A good example is my old Dads
firm Turner Brothers. From a simple start there are now many views
and stories.
Get youself a theme.
For interest I am starting a theme on British Timken.
It was located in Aston before going to Northampton.
My Dad worked there for several Years.
Still that will have to wait for 2 weeks on Hols to
Newquay.

Mike Jenks

Best, not sure if you require pictures of modern Birmingham, or old Birmingham, if its the latter a I don't suppose a digital cameras going to be much go to ya.

You would be surprised at the history you can capture on a Digital Camera if you just take the time to look ..most folk cannot be bothered and don't know about the history on their doorstep

If you took the time to go to the Central Library you could take all the photo's you want from the old newspapers and periodicals .... and maybe get some of the Bull Ring 1930's all on a digital camera
Which I do going back 100 years or so .....Never say Can't
Great also for copying old photographs that people wont let you borrow but dont mind you taking a pic of
My Camera went to France with me and I got some amazing photo's from photo's in old French Books of the British Planes of WW1...My Camera always travels with me
Photo
I took this with my Digital Camera 2 years ago David Cox Drawing from a Picture Post at the Library (I think its in the Art Gallery now)

Attachments

• engraving of a David Cox drawing.jpg
    engraving of a David Cox drawing.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 0
I photographed my gt grandfathers obituary I found it as the library was closing. If I had not had my camera, I would have had to make another visit. A friend of mine photographed a parish register which cotained my gt gt grandathers baptisim when she visited Chester. This was so special to me. Remember if you are photographing old documents switch the flash off!

Back