• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hybrid & electric cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
when diesel and petrol cars are no longer for sale and hybrid's are not made any longer its not much use trying to tow a cattle trailor or large caravan with a ev is it? so the car makers will have to start thinking about producing much bigger electric suv's not just small shopping trolley cars

I run a 2014 Renault Zoe, had it two years now and its battery capacity is only about one percent down on new, I charge it at home now on 7Kw but for the first year I charged it at Tesco on 22 Kw, an awful lot of negativity from the naysayers about EVs but I doubt many who change from ICEs will change back.

when diesel and petrol cars are no longer for sale and hybrid's are not made any longer its not much use trying to tow a cattle trailor or large caravan with a ev is it? so the car makers will have to start thinking about producing much bigger electric suv's not just small shopping trolley cars
I think many car makers will be building hydrogen cars/trucks which appears many rail systems are going. If it is electricity we need to understand where it’s all going to come from, right now almost 70% comes from oil and gas!
Ford and others are building 450 hp ev trucks, nothing energy efficient there!

slow slow quick quick slow

DC quick charging is very useful if you need to drive more than the vehicle’s single-charge range in a single day, or you just simply forgot to charge up last night and are hovering below the 30% range. DC quick chargers can dump upwards of 130 kms of range into the bat in 30 minutes. However, the batteries pay a price for this convenience.
Battery performance and durability can deteriorate if the DC charger is used constantly.
Use of DC charging should be minimized in order to help prolong battery life. The life expectancy of most EV batteries is about 70-80 percent of capacity after 10 years of normal use. It is theorized that frequent use of fast charging - more than once or twice per day - will cost you about 1 percent of capacity per year. Which basically means very frequent users of fast chargers can expect performance on the lower end of the normal range.
Level 2 AC charging is recommended to keep the battery in optimal condition.
Based up what is seen here, 10 years is beyond the best battery life expectancy. 6 to 8 are considered very good. Rapid charges are useful but not the recommended of preferred approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back