• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hunters Moon Castle Bromwich

Thanks for the update Laurence and I agree it will be a lovely venue for families. Hope it creates a few local jobs too!

Just opened one in Brownhills The Hussy food is excellent they serve fish and chips on old newspapers (well made to look like old) tried to book up for Christmas all ready full up just shows you how good the food is

about 60 staff will be employed, so good for the community, and yes john the food is excellent value for money, you can get a 9oz rump steak and all the trimmings for 6.99.
the hunters is going to be a 291 cover restaurant with kids play areas inside and out, but will also have an excellent bar area for the locals who just want a drink.

The signs on the temporary fencing state that it's going to reopen as a Hungry Horse establishment.

Ian

Laurence did mention that in post #20 I think that will be great for the area.

The_Hunters_Moon_002.JPG

Jessica our granddaughter has an interview for part time work there tomorrow. We passed it today and work is well under way. Jean.

HI JEAN
I Go past there every sunday and it was only on this sunday i noticed that behind the hoarding there was building going on and it looked like it was not far off being completed for months i thought it was being demolished
because its been there for decades and of the later part of its life it became a chequered history pub
that being a reference name with in the brewery lingo as a trouble some pub for late night problems and i thought the establishment decided that enough was enough and closed it down like most of the pubsover the years in and aeround the area was done; but thanks for putting my little mind at rest and its still standing and its gonna be an eating house
its certainly in the right area and i am glad to hear its not a macdonald clip joint like the rest
thats gone up with that part of the city the bradford arms pub is a complete waste of time and effort and money wasted
every time we have gone there with relatives whom live down the rd from there for a meal they never havewhat they publishised so we trip else where i shall look forewarded to seeing it open
and i wish your grand daughter best wihes and hope she is succesful in getting the job;
an eating house his only any good as any manager whom his installed even pubs they are the same as good as the manager we have a pubinworcestershirewhom the owners have two pubs one is good the other an eating house but they have a young couple installed and the food side is suffering ;the owner is always begging for us to go in and take over
and run it for her teresa wants to but myself i say no i have have enoughof it and enjoy retirement
still not to worry she should be able to replace them if she looks harder enough for themiddla age experience coupleto suit herbill as i said i pass there very early every sunday on my way to the belfry coming from worcester and back
jean ; have a nice day , best wishes alan ; astonian

My Mom used to work at The Hunters Moon , late 50's early sixties and was there for the opening of the 'new' pub after the fire. I think it was run by Ben and Ivy Fisher in those days. Does anyone else remember the nursery that used to be behind the wooden pub in the late 50's?

hello all, i only ever went in this pub twice , once to play at a gig, the second time to see an artiste ihad worked with by the name of phil fernando.

shardeen

We have an invite to the pre opening where the staff get a trial run. Jess got the job and is looking forward to starting. She has to fit it in with the last year of A levels.

I will be glad when the building work finishes for selfish reasons as my doctor's surgery is next door but one, and I always used the Hunter's Moon car park, now it is almost impossible to park anywhere near the doctor's.

I hope they don't do what they have done at our local and put a pay and display machine money redemable at the bar only. Mind you that would be a good excuse to pop in after your appointment for a bite to eat. The menu looks good. Jean.

I see The Hunters Moon is now open and busy judging by the car park. It is now The Hungry Horse chain I hope it does well.

Its not a Harvester, its part of the 'Hungry Horse' chain. Went for a meal in its opening week. Some of the most bland, tasteless food I have ever eaten.

Oh dear you should try the Ward End Pub it's now and Indian far from bland and only up the road.

Our granddaughter Jessica works there part time and loves it. She is in the last year of her A levels. We are going tomorrow for Pete's birthday that is if I can shake this horrible cold off. The second one in three weeks.

I went to Heathland Junior School in the 50's with a boy called Kenneth whose father was the licensee of the Hunter's Moon. I lived in Ashville Avenue. I remember getting off the No. 56 bus once in thick smog. I was only 12 ish and it was so bad, I suddenly found myself up against the pub wall......thank goodness, those days are gone? I think I only ever went in there once in my teenage years, but my sister Marilyn and I used to go to the "Outdoor" to buy pop! Went in there about 6 years ago with my husband for a quick lunch as we were visiting Brum for the day. It was very run down!

Back