• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hunt Toy Makers Gerrard Street

M

melgant

I am trying to find any info on a factory in Gerrard St. ? that made pots and pans before WW1 then made tin helmets for the army during the war. My great grandmother's (Minnie) brothers owned the factory and I believe their name was Hunt. One brother was a cripple. Any info on them the factory or where Gerrard st is would be greatly appreciated.

This is from 1915 Kelly's Directory

Gerrard Street is in the Lozells area of Birmingham I will email you a seperate map showing Gerrard street in context with its surrounds.

Ive shown with a black arrow approximately where 109 Gerrard Street and the factory would have been. It's on the Northern side of the street.

Sorry I haven't got round to thanking you for the info about Wm Hunt until now. I'm glad I can tell my grandfather a bit more about his family as he was orphaned at the age of 10 and we're having to piece it together from what little he can remember (not that much as he's 88 this year)!
Thanks again
Mel

Back