• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hulse

Re: Birmingham Cemeteries

Hi, Lindyloo
I have checked the old documents and I have found the correct date of death: 9th Jan 1949. Where I got the 1934, heaven knows - sorry!!
There is something else which is puzzling - everywhere that I have found reference to him, he is listed as William Henry, but on his birth certificate he is Henry William ( also on all of the old documents )?
Thanks a lot
Regards
Nigel

Hi Nigel,
No worries !! at least now I know Im not going round the twist !!:untroubled:
It seems a lot of folk liked to turn there names around at some point in time, I have found that in other families, mine included, but after going through Henry Williams Birth, Marriage, Death and census records, I have only found him as William Henry twice (1881 and 1901) Obviously you will have access to a lot more paperwork for him than I do so it may just be that sometimes he preferred to use William in some matters.

Hi, Lindyloo
First of all - Happy New Year.
Then, thanks again for all your trouble!
Regards
Nigel
And to all who read this post A HAPPY NEW YEAR from Johannesburg!!!

Hi Nigel,
Happy New Year to you and yours too
it was no trouble..I always enjoy a new challenge !!
Regards
Lindyloo

Hi Nigel, I have been to the library today and I had a go at looking for some information for you, but after I had worked out how to use the machine and saw how the papers are laid out on the film, I realised that to make searching easier I would really need the dates that the deaths occurred or failing that at least the quarters.
I started looking at The Birmingham Mail, but the reels hold issues of the papers from different times in the day..ie, the morning edition, mid-day edition and evening edition for each day, so as I'm sure you can imagine, it would have taken me an age to search through them all. If you have any more details about the dates, please post them and I will look again next time I go..sorry I wasnt able to post you any positive results.

Back