• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hulse family

Nigelhls

knowlegable brummie
Hello, All
I have been unable to find any details of my Grandparents' marriage: Horace Henry Hulse and Laura Fanny Whitwell were married around 1900 (my father, Jack, was born in 1921).
They would probably have been married in Walsall.
I have tried all of the major sites, but to no avail. Can anyone tell me where else I might try?

Thank you
Nigel Hulse

i cant find the marriage so far, but the marriage definitely wasnt before 1911 as horace henry hulse is with his parents aged 17 and single, living hunters rd. aston manor at that time.

I know this doesn't answer the marriage question but may be useful.

I can only find one birth for a Laura Fanny Whitwell and that is in 1893 Wisbech, Cambridgeshire. The death for Laura Fanny Hulse in 1978 Bham matches her birth year.
Horace's service records record his father as being next of kin in 1915. Horace Henry and Laura Fanny are recorded as living at 127/129 Villa Road from 1925 to 1930. In 1939 Horace is only listed at the address but Laura is recorded at 131 Villa Road living with Edward Joseph Morris & Bertha Nellie Morris. By 1945, Horace, Laura and Ivy Hulse are at 129A Villa Road, 1950 has Laura, Ivy and John D Hulse at 129A and 1955 has Horace, Ivy, Laura & John Hulse at 129A.

Suzanne

Hi, Shera
Thanks a lot.
Sorry, my father was born in 1921, so I should have said that the marriage was around 1920, not 1900.
Regards
Nigel

Hi, Suzanne
Thanks for the info.
Luckily, I have all of the other details sorted out - it's just Horace and Laura's ( my Grandparents) marriage that I can't find.
I made a mistake with the date- I should have said around 1920, as my father, Jack D. Hulse (not John) was born in 1921.
Regards
Nigel

Back