• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

HS2 Archaeology

Thanks lyn, my series link said 4 so I thought I must have missed one but maybe there's another soon about re-burials and artefacts. (Probably just my Skybox on the blink!)
rosie.

Rosie, I was confused too as my Radio Times said 3 episodes but the guide on my freebox said 4. Glad you brought it up and it's been clarified.

I note that the tree climbers are back out trying to disrupt the progress of HS2, they are damaging the 'bat habitat' that they're so called 'protecting'

thought this was a good as place an any for this mystery..i wonder how long they mean when they say the human remains have been there for some time

Well, I reckon that the position shown in the photo is about where red marker is on the c1889 map, so not inconceivable that it could be an original burial from St Bartholemew's graveyard

map c1889 showing estimated positiion of human remains.jpg

thanks mike that does seem possible and if so other remains may turn up will follow this one with great interest

lyn

I wonder if they were dumped and buried as an early effort of protest like we are seeing now with the Colston statue in Bristol.

There was a piece on this on the 1.00 BBC News, which presumably will be repeated on later editions

Can’t see at the moment what the future of the site holds, July 19 open day…

Fingers crossed Pedro> Its seems like this is not a long term thing.

Back