• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

HS2 Archaeology

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
think i posted about this under the events section guilbert but thanks for posting here...i have signed up for it ..looks as though it is going to be an online presentation so i hope my lappy is geared up for the connection

lyn

just received this email...does it mean that i have to click on the JOIN WEBINAR box at the allotted time..also will the speakers on my lappy be sufficient...thanks

Thank you for registering for "The Archaeology of HS2: Uncovering Park Street".

A team of archaeologists has excavated the Park Street burial ground, close to the city centre. In this webinar you’ll be able to hear about what they’ve discovered and what it tells us about life and death in Birmingham during the 19th century.

High Speed Two (HS2) is the new high speed railway for Britain. Before we build bridges, tunnels, tracks and stations, the largest archaeology programme ever undertaken in the UK is taking place along the line of route.

Our archaeology programme is continuing to unearth discoveries across our sites. To share information about these works and some of the exciting finds uncovered we are running a series of online archaeology events to support Heritage Open Days 2020.

Uncovering Park Street in Birmingham

Did you know that one of the biggest archaeological digs in the UK has been taking place in Birmingham? A team of archaeologists has excavated the Park Street burial ground, close to the city centre. In this webinar you’ll be able to hear about what they’ve discovered and what it tells us about life and death in Birmingham during the 19th century.

Towards the end of the webinar, you’ll get the chance to ask the team questions via a live Q&A session.

(Please note the content of this webinar may include images of human remains and discussion about causes of death)

Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: [email protected]

How To Join The Webinar

Tue, Sep 15, 2020 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM BST

Add to Calendar: Outlook® Calendar | Google Calendar™ | iCal®

1. Click the link to join the webinar at the specified time and date:

Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you.

Before joining, be sure to check system requirements to avoid any connection issues.

2. Choose one of the following audio options:

TO USE YOUR COMPUTER'S AUDIO:
When the webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.

--OR--

TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
If you prefer to use your phone, you must select "Use Telephone" after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below.
United Kingdom (Toll-free): 0 800 389 5284
United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5012
Access Code: 811-469-901
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar

Webinar ID: 304-914-899

To Cancel this Registration

The way I read it was that you may get a notification as the event opens. If not you can click to join the Webinar around the allotted time. I presume any computer, laptop or tablet can be used.

The webinar did work to a certain extent. The slides did not appear, and it was said that they would be available to view later, but how to access was not clear.

had to reload it as it didnt work at first but only missed the first couple of mins...after that it was fine...most interesting...i think they said it was going to become available on youtube..

lyn

thanks for posting those 2 links pedro...with many of us brummies stuck in lockdown again they will give us something to watch

lyn

There was a programme, Britain's Biggest Dig, on BBC2, last night re St James burial ground in London, which was excellent. Next weeks programme will be about archaeological work in Birmingham connected with the building of HS2.

also last nights britains big dig is now available on i player...covers HS2 dig in london where 50000 bodies were unearthed...there will also be one for our own park st burial ground which as jim has already said will be aired on 22nd...i know that this one is not about birmingham but think its worth mentioning to those of us who are interested in general

also last nights britains big dig is now available on i player...covers HS2 dig in london where 50000 bodies were unearthed...there will also be one for our own park st burial ground which as jim has already said will be aired on 22nd...i know that this one is not about birmingham but think its worth mentioning to those of us who are interested in general

I thought it was an excellent programme.
Interesting, informative and shocking.

Back