• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

How Well Do You Know Brum?

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
oh dear i am only 2 thirds a brummie...lol i got 20/30 correct...as very often said on my school reports..."linda must pay more attention":D

devonjim

master brummie
17! And a lot were guesses. There was only one I really should have known, I went to school opposite one of the pubs.

Eric Gibson

master brummie
Me too 17/30, I thought I was on a loser when they mentioned pubs, I don't drink, but I knew most of the pubs it was the other stuff I didn't know.

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Not too bad 26 out of 30, I had problems with pick n mix, the atom, shampoo & George Marsh.

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
I gave up after 5 minutes of waiting for the quiz to load, but then we're lucky to get an internet speed of 1.6 Mbps on a good day in this part of rural Crete! But I know that that my score would be in single figures and lucky to make 5. I left in 1961 and there were vast ares of the west, north & east that I'd never visited except on an Outer Circle round trip at the age of about eight years old!

Maurice

tim eborn

master brummie
Oh Dear, 14/30 and about half of those were guesses !
In my defence I'm too old for Heavy metal and left Brum at age 23 so have done most of my boozing in Aussie pubs.
Working at GKN cost me the Chamberlain question.
Never mind eh! it was good clean fun.
Cheers Tim

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
Not too bad 26 out of 30, I had problems with pick n mix, the atom, shampoo & George Marsh.

phil i got those wrong as well...the 20 i got right i knew were right..fell down on the st pats day parade and the political one...should have got the golly jam one...knew all the pubs:rolleyes:...mind you i now know a bit more about brum..

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
22. Not too sure what the right answer to the question on the atom meant. There could be several reasonable answers to that

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Mike

Exactly why I opted for DNA which was discovered by a Swiss chap in the mid 1800's. Oxygen was discovered by a Swede in the 1700's anyway J Priestley who the Mail says discovered it was a Yorkshire man who just lived in Birmingham.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
could this be where the name oxygen st comes from...

hi mike when i was at school if you got over half right that was a pass so you nearly got there:)

Last edited:

Radiorails

master brummie
Surprisingly I scored 22 out of the 30 possible. Considering I have never lived in Birmingham, just south in Solihull, know little of pop music or pubs, but I did manage, by good guesswork, to get a reasonable score.
I suppose if I was able to answer the questions to which I really knew the answers my score would have been lower at 10 or 12.
All good fun on a rainy day.

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
Finally got it to load and scored a better than expected 13, most of those as a result of guesswork. Since when have they had railings around the Barton's Arms? Most of the pubs I have never even heard of, haven't watched TV for donkey's years and know nothing about pop music.

Maurice