• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

How To Print Forum Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancaster

knowlegable brummie
Can someone advise please how I can print a complete forum thread. Using my browser print function only prints the first page. I've searched for advice on BHF but can't find anything.

Thanks.

You own the copyright to your messages. By posting or submitting material on this site, you grant the site owner a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to publish, edit, modify, adapt, distribute, reproduce, communicate to the public, perform and display the submitted content (in whole or in part) on the worldwide web for the full term of any rights that may exist in the content.
The above is part of the Forum Rules. Maybe your quest is an infringement?

You own the copyright to your messages. By posting or submitting material on this site, you grant the site owner a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to publish, edit, modify, adapt, distribute, reproduce, communicate to the public, perform and display the submitted content (in whole or in part) on the worldwide web for the full term of any rights that may exist in the content.
The above is part of the Forum Rules. Maybe your quest is an infringement?

Hi Radiorails. Thanks for your reply.

The forum thread I'm trying to print is a thread which I started. As the Forum Rules state that I own the copyright to my messages, surely printing a thread which I started isn't an infringement? Other genealogy forums enable printing of threads.

I want to print it for my own records in my family history research. I don't want to have to write it out in longhand!

Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.

If using Chrome click the 3 dots top right then click print. A screenshot below shows what happened when I did this.
If the thread is a long one you will need many sheets of paper ....
It works the same with Edge browser.
ZUntitled.jpg

Playing with my computer this morning I noticed that Ctrl+P works with Chrome. If you want to print whole thread make sure you are positioned on post 1. Ctrl+P also works with Edge but does not advise how many sheets needed.

If anyone wanted to print the forum's large 'Old Streets' thread, 27 sheets of paper would be needed .... :rolleyes:

Phil,

Paper is cheap enough, but ink may not be, depending upon your printer, and the amount of colour content on the thread.

Maurice :cool:

I have a Canon TS5000 which has five cartridges ... the usual size black, magenta, cyan, and yellow, plus a large black cartridge for printing black text documents.

I have a Canon TS5000 which has five cartridges ... the usual size black, magenta, cyan, and yellow, plus a large black cartridge for printing black text documents.

I generally use Firefox as my web browser & trying to print from it only lets me print the first page of a thread. If I use Internet Explorer, all pages print as required, so it suggests it's a Firefox issue. The operating system on my laptop is Windows 7, rather than later versions of Windows (maybe time for an upgrade!), so maybe this isn't helping either.

Yes, the ink issue is of course a valid point, but I only print the threads I really need to. My Epson printer has the larger black ink tank referred to & will let me print in grayscale if I select it. I understand that if you don't select grayscale before you print, printers use a combination of colours to achieve black & white (grayscale) output. I'm sure there's a valid technical reason for this, but it's beyond my limited understanding!

Thanks all for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back