• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

How do I?

Jules65

master brummie
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have found my gg grandmother on the 1841 Census. She is a Charlotte Hunt b1830 living with her mother and two brothers in William Street North, in St. George's parish. I presume her father must had died.

How do I find out who her parents were? Her mother was a Caroline Hunt born c1791. Her eldest brother John Hunt was born c1826 so how do I find a marriage in that timescale? Would I have to subscribe to a geaneology site such as Ancestry?

Thanks.

Jules65

master brummie
Thanks Aidan. I will do that. I have her marriage to Samuel Heath in Aston in December 1848. As her parents marriage will be before 1837 - are records held that far back.......

Aidan

master brummie
Only Parish Records, but her marriage certificate should show you her father's name and occupation. Also does the 1841 census show her mother as born in the county (and does later ones say where?)? All should give you clues of which parish to search

Jules65

master brummie
Only Parish Records, but her marriage certificate should show you her father's name and occupation. Also does the 1841 census show her mother as born in the county (and does later ones say where?)? All should give you clues of which parish to search
Caroline Hunt died in 1844 I think. I cannot find her on the 1851 Census. On the 1841 census it states that she was born in Warwickshire.

Aidan

master brummie
I can't see anything obvious on Ancestry either. I would suggest to get all the certificates you can (they start in 1837) to get as much clues as you can then hopefully you will be able to track them down - I'm sure this forum will help if they can

Shirley Sura

proper brummie kid
Hi folks, I subscribe to Ancestry.co.uk if anyone needs help. No promises but I will try. I have been researching my own ancestors and know how frustrating a 'brick wall can be'.

ladylinda

master brummie
Caroline Hunt died in 1844 I think. I cannot find her on the 1851 Census.
Hi, In 1851 there is a Caroline Hunt aged 59 and son Abel aged 21 living at 2 house, court 4, Cherry Street,Birmingham?