• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

How do i find out where relatives are buried?

daisy1111

proper brummie kid
This may seem like a strange question but i am new to this.
Can anyone tell me how i would find out where relatives are buried please?

Hello Daisy this question has been asked many times and sadly there is no easy answer. The location of a grave depends on where a person died when and their religion. It is always a good idea to start with a death certificate this will tell you where the person died then you can go on from there. Sometimes it entails trawling through burial indexes in Birmingham Library. You may be lucky if you have the actual date a cemetery office may help but if they have to search they do charge. If you need more help you will have to post requests on the appropriate thread. I hope this helps.

Someone somewhere provided a link to Birmingham City Cemeteries online index, other than that they are on film at the Central Library.
Could you gives us at time period and we may be able to help.

i am looking for 2 people

1. maria parfitt
born 1887 or 1890 and deceased 31/10/55 in Accocks Green

and also

2. Harry Parfitt
born 1875 and all i know is he was deceased before 1940

sorry, i know its very vague

Daisy are you sure they were buried as a lot of cremations took place at this time. As a guess if they were buried I would try Witton Cemetery first then maybe Yardley Cemetery.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats a very good point, i have no idea if they were buried or cremated. I will be back once i have done a little bit more research!

Back