• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

how do I find a cemetery

If you click on the link in post #29 to the remembrance book you can search.
Will see when office at Robin Hood is open when I pass tomorrow.

Yes I have already clicked on the link. It just takes me to the Book of Remembrance, but there are no other details.
Thank you for checking when the office will be open.
I have now found out from my cousin that Lawrence Jackson (1891-1958) died on 18th December, 1958. Obviously he would have been buried a few days later. Does this help you to research where his grave may be?

If you click on "browse by date" a calendar appears and you can search by date - of burial I think.

Yes, thank you, I did that. It just shows her name in the book of remembrance. There are no details about a grave number - if there is in fact one.

Sorry- thought you meant the other two people's names.
It is a book of remembrance only not the grave register.

Last edited:
I called at Robin Hood today. The office inside the main gate seems closed permanently. I suspect this is because most funerals are cremations and there must be a office attached to the chapel and crematoria. I took a photo of the notice on the window of the office and think email is your best bet.
I don't know where you live but if the cemetery are able to give a map with a grave/memorial position marked then, if you like, I am willing to visit and take photos. The cemetery and memorial area are too large to search without a map.

Attachments

• 20210825_093344.jpg
    20210825_093344.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 7
I will. Thank you again.
I assume you didn't find any details for the other two great uncles I mentioned - namely Lawerence Jackson and Cyril Leslie Jackson?
I don't think either of these are at Robin Hood. I would be inclined to ask about Lawrence at Perry Barr.

Thank you again. I have already tried Perry Barr. I also tried the book of remembrance at Robin Hood for both of them and nothing came up. I have almost exhausted all avenues now, but I want to find them somehow.

:D Sometimes up late.
I have a feeling that not all burials/cremations are in the book of remembrance. I think you might have to pay for an entry.
If that is the case it might be worth contacting Robin Hood crem by email to see if there is a record for Lawrence and find out if Mabel was a burial or cremation and if there are memorials.
Certainly from Lawrence's address Robin Hood is the nearest crem.

The 1889 burial could be at St mary's Handsworth - the records up to 1889 are held at Birmingham library Archives and are not online.
Just edited an error of mine in previous post.My friends ancestor, Cyril Leslie Jackson died 11 Dec 1899, in Handsworth and was almost certainly Buried at St Mary's.Are the records held at Brum Library for Dec 1899/Jan 1900?

Back