• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

how can i find sumones details.when i cant find any trace of their wedding..

heathy72

master brummie
can any help me please..
im trying to research my family tree and have hit yet another one of many brick walls....usually after a lot of looking on my part i usually get thru the brick wall,but this bugger has stumped me !!BIG TIME!!.
i'm looking for a relative by the name of henry sheldon,he was born 1846 in dudley,he was married to sarah j sheldon also born 1846..there first child born was in 1865 called louisa....sarah j came from tividale....the prob i have is i cant find henry and sarahs wedding.,if i cud find that then i cud move on..this info i got was from the 1881 census..
ive looked thru the marriages b4 1865...no joy..i joined findmypast web site..which is where i get all my info from..and to be honest i cant afford to join another site..altho ive heard ancestry.com is a lot better.dont know bout that..
i wud be very grateful if anyone cud either point me in the right direction or(i know its cheeky)but av a look for them..
many thanx to anyone for there help..:):)

theres this marriage. is it any good?

henry sheldon to sarah jane williams 1864 jan-mar dudley

IGI has the following Henry Sheldon aged 20 to Sarah Jane Williams aged 20 married on 29 Mar 1864 Rowley Regis
William Sheldon father of Henry & William Williams:) father of Sarah

Suzanne

It's wonderful and heart warming to see you all help like you do. :angel: If we can't help one another its a sad place to be. Thats why I love it on this site.:beam:
Lynda:)

It's wonderful and heart warming to see you all help like you do. :angel: If we can't help one another its a sad place to be. Thats why I love it on this site.:beam:
Lynda:)
Yes I agree Lynda..........but I wonder where Heathy72 has gone? He seemed so eager for his answer:)

Suzanne

also there was a family of sheldons living at no 10 cromwell terrace lichfield rd in the early forties till at least the sixties and he rganised the queens coronation
for the whole terrace also along with mr craddock whom lived at 11 and the seabournes whom lived at no 9
the sheldons at two youg girls one was called patricia she was there opldest daughter worth checking the list and back to there parents i know they was there in the early forties
at most defiate at cromwell in 1946 they was a fairly youg couple with two kids i cannot remember mr sheldond christian name best of luck astonian

hiya im sorry ive not been on..
i cant thank u all enuff for ur help..this site has been so much help to me..
it really is a great site with lots of brilliant people that help out....i honestly thought looking for my ancestors wud be a lot more simple...BOY WAS I WRONG!!!..lol...
but saying that its been so interesting..but i cud not of got as far without the help off the people on this site..

since coming onto this site and looking thru a lot of threads,including pictures of birmingham from a long time ago,its got me really interested in birmingham's history..
Sum luvly people gave me sum info for my uncle concerning the evacuees meeting in birmingham,im hoping to go along to a meeting,cos i luv listening to my uncle's stories of wartime birmingham and being evacuated..
i was born in nechells and altho im almost 39 ud be suprised how much I DONT KNOW about where i was born..

SO ONCE AGAIN A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR ALL UR INFO,ITS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED..XXXX

Back