• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hovis advert

Very interesting!
I didn't know that Ridley Scott directed the advert. I wonder what the 'boy' is doing now - he must be coming up for 60.

Lovely ! Wonder which other adverts will be rejuvenated. Viv.
Some presumably will be among these, though not all seem to have been rejuvenated (ie the 1931 Cadbury one)
A lot of them I do not remember even though I was around then:

The Cadbury one is more like a mini documentary.

Absolutely Mike, I’ve never heard of many of them. But as they say in the Hovis regen one, they offer insights into the social history of the time as well as advertising.

Viv.

Back