• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Housing : Living conditions

Well my sister in law once was married to a Frenchman. We used to go annually to see her in the South of France. One year we were invited to some of their friends house.
While there I had to use their loo which was inside, to my utter amazement it was all tiled beautifully, but it was a hole in the floor. What can one say it was difficult lol

its a squat loo.
Well my sister in law once was married to a Frenchman. We used to go annually to see her in the South of France. One year we were invited to some of their friends house.
While there I had to use their loo which was inside, to my utter amazement it was all tiled beautifully, but it was a hole in the floor. What can one say it was difficult lol

its a Squat toilet. there are a lot in the uk now :grinning:

We too had an outside loo in our council house as you describe. We did had toilet roll; however, it was Izal. Not quite the luxury I would wish to go into detail about.

There was a Kelly Lamp in the loo, but lighting it was more trouble than it was worth
you will be glad of some iszal soon mort.

its back to cut up newspapers and dock leaves, the panic buyers have struck again. :mad:1600935672877.png

Back