• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

House prices

Ray Griffiths

master brummie
This is an advert in the 1937 Birmingham Carnival Programme.

First time buyers eat your heart out.

Also in are the following prices for Austin Motor Cars.

Seven £112 to £135
Big Seven £155 to £160
Ten-Four £185 to £199
Twelve £220 to £237
Fourteen £250 to £267
Eighteen £350 to £383
Twenty £650

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray thanks for that. Other half most of our family on both sides live in Sutton [posher areas] where did we go wrong. I know! we spent money enjoying ourselves. Who cares about a post code eh!. Jean.

Jean it don't matter what it cost when you move to a better or bigger place,

you normally have to pay the market price, nuff said.

It's a good job were happy where we are then Alf. We spent our money on a house in Gozo and had twelve years of fantastic holidays and more than made a profit when we sold. Made a bit renting it out too. Our decision was based on our autistic grandson who would never fly as he freaks out in enclosed areas so we put some of it back into a caravan that depreciates but we are enjoying every minute when we are there and Alex enjoys it too which is more importent. The way we look at it is you can't take it with you. TTFN. Jean.

Back