• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hotmail

Di.Poppitt

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Since Outlook have taken over Hotmail I am having a problem accessing my Contacts, now called People. It means I have virtually lost my address book, I hope it is a blip, but maybe someone can help, please.

As far as I know they should all still be there Di. I have an account but rarely use it as Hotmail used be a target for spam and hacking so stayed away. Just re-activated it to use with Skype. It only took a day to jump through all the hoops.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Di try going onto the people screen, choose manage and pick restore lost contacts, worked for me. I don't like it though.
Sue

We had problems when Sky changed to Yahoo. Eventually we changed browser, changed password, then went back to Firefox, after many phone-calls it's getting better. It seems it's the changing of the password that solves some problems. Some proper emails from 2 years ago re-appeared in the Spam!!
rosie.

Thank you Rosie, I guess I will end up ditching Outlook.
Sue when I go to the People screen I don't have any options and clicking on the icon does nothing either. I haven't done any updating on this computer, if it works don't fix it is my golden rule. But today I've updated IE, just in case. Still no contacts, and not much else either I can't even open emails!!

Di, when you log in, next to the "outlook" logo in top left corner, click on down pointing arrow and you should get a drop down with "people" in it, click on that and see if the contacts are there.
Sue

Di, click on the arrow to the right of the Outlook logo, and you'll get 4 boxes shown: Mail, People, Calender, SkyDrive. It confuddled me when it changed to Outlook, but no problems now. Unlike other Hotmail users (touching wood here) I've never had much trouble with spam, junk, etc., maybe because I've set my filter high. I don't know why you can't open e-mails - weird. Have you tried re-setting the settings?

G

Di - sorry if you have tried this but if you click on new to send a new email does your contacts appear if you click on the small 'to' above the white address box?

I feel frazzled, I have spent the last 2 hours trying every which way but nothing works. I have pressed the down arrow, and the To button above the address box, and I have checked all my settings. It's goodbye hotmail, I don't like the new page set up so there we go. Such a nuisance sorting out my contact address's, I will have to keep hotmail and check every now and then.

No Paul, I haven't got a manage page:ambivalence:

Geff I found that if I close the account without signing off and clicking the shortcut on desk top I can open emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for your help even though I'm a lost cause.

I have a Hotmail address but I run it through Windows Live, have no problems with spam it sends them straight to 'Junk'

Nick

I haven't had problem with spam in my mail box, but sometimes 20 or so in my junk box each day. I have had an email account with Tiscali who are my ISP for years and I rarely open it up. When I went into it to put what contacts I have managed to find I had 6 junk emails since last August.

Sheri I was the same as you and then the layout changed and I had to fiddle with the screen to read messages. Glad to say goodbye Hotmail.

Back