• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hotmail to Skype or Outlook.

GEFF

Geff
Do I have to go on to Skype? Would it be benificial for me. I am quite happy with Hotmail without more things to confuse my old brain.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always move to Yahoo mail account. Hotmail as I understand it finishing. There is a thread somewhere. Will look it out later.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Re: Skype

Geff, I find skype useful as it allows you to talk to people and actually seem them. Some laptops have the cameras insitu, but I bought my camera and just connected it to my laptop. Hotmail are updating Skype.

If you are using Hotmail then you will be moving to a new web site called Outlook.

Microsoft have decided to get rid of the "hotmail" name and move everyone to a new email called "outlook".

Nothing to do with Skype (that is a change where people using Messenger are moving to Skpe). If you are only using hotmail for email this does not affect you.

Thanks for the clarification Guilbert I knew that it was not quite right but not sure what the story was.

Skype is replacing Windows Live Messenger (which was previously called MSN Messenger). I used to use it years ago, but stopped using it.

With instant messaging from Facebook, you don't really need the Windows Live Messenger.

I have upgraded my Windows Live Messenger to Skype, but have no need to use it.

I don't have a webcam on my PC. Don't really have anyone to do video messaging with.

But do have cameras built into our tablet and my smartphone. But I won't be installing Skype on my Android devices.

Hi All just to say I love Skype it enables me to see my friends and family as i talk to them it's as though they are in the same room as me much better than the phone or messaging.

I have modified the title for as Guilbert53 correctly states this is more about Hotmail being replaced by 'Outlook' and 'MSN Messenger' being replaced by 'Skype' than about Skype itself.

My Hotmail has already changed to Outlook. It looks quite different to the old Hotmail design.

Back