• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hospital Street

moss...well i for one would get very very muddled up thats for sure....thanks mike...

lyn

moss...not like me to post maps but if you havent already got it here is one you may find of interest...

lyn

Hi Lynne,i don't remember The Band of Hope, but they may have used the building that was used as The Prince of Wales youth club.
It was between Tower St and Brearley St,near The Lights pub.
Moss.

Last edited:
hi moss,that must the right place,we went to sunday school there so maybe they just used it on a sunday.
no wonder i couldnt find any trace of it,i thought i must have dreamt it.
thanks a lot,
lynne

hi folks..i spent quite some time at the library today and came away with these two great pics of hospital st...the first one is of court 29 and i have no number for the other one but it looks like everyone came out for this pic to be taken....sorry if the quality is not at its best but its not that easy to take photos of photos...

lyn

hi lyn
great photos, dont the second one look posh. i cant ever remember a detached house. i wonder if anyone will
know where abouts they were.
thanks for posting them.
lynne

Well done Lyn,more pictures of Hospital Street what a treat.I have seen a picture of Court 29 before,not that one but one taken from the street.Moss.

glad you like them moss..they were the only ones at the library that i had not seen on the forum before....

lyn..

the unknown one seems to say "place" on the right hand pillar, but can't read the other one.
Mike

mike you are right it does say place...shame we cant make out the other word well spotted i missed that...think i dectect a number on the right door but it would be impossible to tell...

lyn

far as i know froth they said its ok so long as one does not do it for gain and they are taken by the public works dept not someones private pics....

lyn

I have purchased quite a few photos from the central library, and had to sign a declaration that I would not publish or show them publicly, however, I have seen several of them in different publcations and several on here.

hi astonite...its a funny thing is this copywrite but as i said my understanding is so long as you dont reel off the pics and sell the for gain..(which i dont) i shall keep on posting them....i think if we constantly had to fear the copywrite laws on every pic we wanted to post (which is a very grey area anyway) this forum would have very little pics to look at...of course if i wanted to post anyones personel pics i would always ask permission first...for the ones i post off carl chinns site i do have his permisssion so long as post courtesy of carl chinn....

lyn

Last edited:
As you say Lyn,the copyright laws are a very grey area.

I have the Images of Birmingham Books,Saltley and Duddeston by Maria Twist and others about Erdington,Coleshill etc.I note inside it says that no portion of the book can be reproduced without the permission of the publishers, but I have seen some of the images out there on the internet.
I would think that in the case of photos they would have to prove you took the image from their publication.

Alberta,

So what about when you see the same image in several different books all by different publishers and different compilers and they all claim copyright and tell you that it is an offence for you to copy it and redistribute it.

How can any photo taken of unknown origins be copyrighted? Yes I understand that a lot of photos in private collections are copyrighted. Also many taken by photographers which are also protected, but there are so many photos out there in the public domain who no one knows the origin of that have just been claimed by individuals and organisations.

Phil

alberta and phil....thats the problem... in many cases we can never be sure who owns what photos and could spend many weeks trying to track them down if ever we found out at all...jim has posted at the top of the page that if anyone has copyright to any pics posted and i guess would have to prove it then the pics will be removed straight away...oh well im off on another search now before i go off thread again...

lyn

Back