• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

hopkins david

lindaparry19

master brummie
dose any one know anything about my uncle david hopkins and aunty jess thay had a shop in think in gooch street he was a character with his horse and cart all round balsall heath he could not read or write but was a very good business man regards linda

Re: david hopkins

Hi Linda,
For anyone to help, you need to try to be more specific...
When was your uncle in Gooch St?
If you know the years, you can post under the 'Kelly' section, where there is the directory of businesses - and hopefully you'll get more info...

Also, if you know about when he was born, you could ask for a look-up on the census for the relevant years.
Hope this helps!

are we related my grandfather and grandmother were david and jesse hopkins who was your father my father was john hopkins theifr son hope you can reply to this my name is janette

my mother was your grandmother sister rose i am doing our family tree have your nan's birth marrage but do not know there deaths i could ask winnie but you know what its like i never get round to it if you would be so kind as to send me you dad's birth mariage death it would help if you go to ancetry.co.uk look at the parry family tree you will see how i am getting on you can also put your birth if you wish and any other family hope you can help regards linda parry

Sounds like this is going to be a very interesting and rewarding thread. Jean.

hi jean i have seen lot of your thing's on this forum glad some one on here no's somethink i re memember going to there shop every week with my mom one day your grandad cut his self he came in got the salt and put it on the cut that's a hard man regareds linda

hi linda my father JOHN THOMAS HOPKINS was married on the 5th december 1952 . , to THERESA ROSINA WHITEHOUSE . MY dads address at this time was 89 charles henry street and ny grandad was a fruiterer my dad was 26 yrs old he sadly died on 12th december 1994 my father was 1 of 8 winnie allen her married name is the only surviving member of david and jessica hopkins all others are now deceased there are still many descendants of the children of grandad david and jessica i remember my grandad he had white hair and smoked in bed he set fire to it when i was there our nan went mad .i have tried to follow the family tree of grandad and jessica but kept hitting brick walls , winnie was'nt much help i gave up in the end i would be very grateful if you could help me go back to grandads and grandmothers history although jessica was very nasty to me as a child . as my dad was her youngest son , she didnt like us dad had 3 daughters janette rosina thats me d.o.b.12/03/1953, jean ellen 10/11/1955 jillian theresa d.o.b.08/11/1957 i hope this information is of help yours sincerely janette

i remeber the bed on fire one day our grand dad was drunk he call my father a ...... my father took him out the back of the fruit shop were he keep the horse and cart and hit him your nan then came out and said let me at him i have waited years for this gave him 2 black eyes your nan also had lots of cold tea in a tea pot it was not tea it was bitter she use to put the pocker in it send me your email and i will tell you all i know about your nan's family i am at a brick wall but have had help from this site on benzing from germany was your nan' mother's father regards linda

hi linda i remember that lol where in wales are you and how old are you my email is XXXXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:

hi elvis...hope you dont mind me giving you a bit of advise as you are a new member....its not a good idea to post your email address on open forum...can i suggest you remove it for your own security and maybe send linda an instant message( which can only be read to who you send it to) with your contact details...

hope this helps and a warm welcome to the forum.

lyn:)

Last edited:

hi elvis...hope you dont mind me giving you a bit of advise as you are a new member....its not a good idea to post your email address on open forum...can i suggest you remove it for your own security and maybe send linda an instant message( which can only be read to who you send it to) with your contact details...

lyn thank you so much i completly forgot silly old me once again ty xx

Re: advice

ty you for your advice lyn sorry its to so long didnt know how to reply thank for what you did i never gave it a thought thx again david xxx:headhit:

my father name was alfred parry my mother was rose our grandmothers sister sorry just got my lap top back

my mother was jesse hopkins sister rose so we are related phoned erick & winnie last week to say i have done the family tree he said she had died 2 or 3 years ago if you go to my parry family tree ansestry as a vistor you can see it you will love it & fill in what i don't know

Back