• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hope lives Eternally

Reginald.F.Horton

master brummie
THE HOUR OF DARKNESS

SADNESS IT CREEPS THROUGH MY VEINS
MY TEARS FLOW LIKE THE FALLING RAINS
GRIEF AND SORROW HIDES WITHIN MY SOUL
I CRINGE AND COWER AS THE DARK CLOAK
OF MANS MADNESS SPREADS ACROSS THE LAND
TO MAN GOD GAVE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
WAS MANS DESTINY TO DESTROY EACH OTHER
NATIONS MEN OF GREED STAND BY AND WATCH
AS WOMEN AND CHILDREN DIE OF STARVATION 
SOME MEN SEEK MARTYRDOM BY KILLING
INNOCENT PEOPLE OF EVERY RACE AND CREED
HOW LONG WILL THE WORLD HAVE TO SUFFER
BEFORE THE ARMY OF GODS ANGELS
SPREADS THE SPIRITUAL LIGHT OF LOVE
PEACE AND TRANQUILLITY ACROSS THE EARTH
CASTING THE EVIL PRESENCE OF DARKNESS
INTO THE BOTTOM LESS PIT OF HELL
THAT ONCE MORE GODS SPIRITUAL LIGHT
BRINGS PEACE TO ALL PEOPLE ON EARTH
TO LIVE IN HARMONY AND PEACE
WITH EACH OTHER

Author R.F.Horton
Reggie    O0   :smitten: :'(

Reggie - you must've watched the same news program as I did tonight. Crazy old world :idiot2:

Lovely to have you back on your old form Reggie. You've been missed.

Hello MAZBETH
                      Thank you for your kind comments about two of my poems one being "Stillness" I invite you to read one of my other poems " Explor the Unknown"
If only we could go and observe the mists of time as they hover over a lake like a satin white mist & see the swans as they appear & disappear like ghostly galleons bringing a feeling of harmony ,peace & tranquility back into our lives in stead of having to face all the stress thats permeat all around us at this present time but there are those who shed tears   :'(   of sadness at our earths demise unloved by nations greed for wealth ? the trouble is that we cannnot escape sadness of this world it is not easy to avoid the negativity that surrounds us all maybe the angels can help us if we ask them in our meditation   :angel:
Spiritual Light & Love to you Mazbeth
Reggie  O0

Back