• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hooper family info please

mjay

knowlegable brummie
Hope this in the right place please move if not

Looking for any info on my great Grandad's brothers also if they did or didn't serve in ww1

Parents were John Crawford Hooper & Mary Ann Cummings

William Hooper1871-1919 (48) pre war he was a car cleaner trams. Also family think he was Mary's child before she married John?
1911 he was living 2 bk 160 George st west Birmingham
With his wife Elizabeth and children

Thomas Henry Hooper 28.5.1874/75 pre war he was a motor cycle / general engineer
1911 he was living 25 school lane kenilworth with wife Esther and children

Arthur Hooper 1886 pre war he was head silversmith
1911 he was living 2 Beatrice place Ellen st birmingham with wife Maria and children

Yes that's them and Mary goes on to run Prince Alfred Tavern in great Lister st age 81 ish. However we couldnt find a pub and have since found it wasn't a pub but she was licensed to sell alcohol.

Thanx for the look ups so far much appreciated

Looking forward to what else you guys can dig up x

Back