• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Homer Street

maccalenny

proper brummie kid
Hello everyone
I have been trying to find out a bit more about Homer Street, as my g-grandfather was born there in 1850. From google I can see that the bottom end, where he was born (no 81) is all modern but the top end is older. My architectural knowledge is not great - does anyone know when these Homer street houses would have been built? I'm trying to get a feel for what it might have looked like in 1850. If anyone has any old photos of Homer Street that would be fantastic.

Thank you !
Kate View attachment m Charles lee snr 1851.bmp

don't know if these are any help, teo maps showing the street in c 1890 & c 1913

map_c_1890_homer_st.jpg

map_c_1913_Homer_st.jpg

Hello everyone
I have been trying to find out a bit more about Homer Street, as my g-grandfather was born there in 1850. From google I can see that the bottom end, where he was born (no 81) is all modern but the top end is older. My architectural knowledge is not great - does anyone know when these Homer street houses would have been built? I'm trying to get a feel for what it might have looked like in 1850. If anyone has any old photos of Homer Street that would be fantastic.

Thank you !
Kate View attachment 75537
We lived at 36 Homer Street .... here is one from out photograph box.... looking down towards Tindal Street so the odd numbers will be on the right. Hope this helps

Attachments

• Homer St Coronation.jpg
    Homer St Coronation.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 26
1692372598881.png
Found this from a Historic site 1938 Ariel Photo Homer Street Moseley Rd on right down to Tindal St on left

Back