• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Home movies of Birmingham in the 1960s

Terry Pearson

knowlegable brummie
Hello! I have recently uploaded several new versions of my YouTube home movies which I have re-copied, using improved technology to give better picture quality. I hope you will find one or two items of interest ... the films are mostly silent 8mm home movies from the 1960s including films of King's Heath, Tulip Festivals in Cannon Hill Park, King Edward VI Camp Hill Grammar School, Wrestling at the Embassy Sportsdrome, South Birmingham Cine Society Garden Party and various other subjects. I have left the original uploads in place as I didn't want to lose the accumulated view counts - also as a comparison for picture quality. This is a link to my YouTube channel which I hope I am permitted to post in this forum ... Terry Pearson's YouTube Channel

hi terry its perfectly ok to post your link to the home movies...i will take a look at them tomorrow when i have more time...thank you

lyn

I looked at the clip on the "last day at Camp Hill, July 1963". I left two years earlier but certainly recognise three of the teachers: Cholmondeley (headmaster), Cleak and Drysdale. Brings back lots of memories. Thanks. Dave

Enjoyed watching your "Camp Hill" films, I left way back in 1958. I think I saw Messrs Marsden, Drysdale and Appleby.

Hi, Folks! I have just added one more short item featuring the Donkey Derby at Highbury Park organised by Moseley Round Table in July 1962. Here's a link to that item ...

Thanks for sharing those blast-from-the-past home movies, Terry! It's like stepping into a time machine and cruising through Birmingham in the swinging '60s. Can't wait to dive into your channel and relive some nostalgia.
If you're still on the hunt for more cool stuff, I've got a suggestion for ya. While those vintage flicks are rad, don't sleep on some of the current movies in theaters. There's some seriously epic stuff out there that'll blow your mind!
But seriously, keep those home movies coming, Terry. They're a real gem, mate!

Last edited:
Back