• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Holy Trinity Church Bordesley.

here is the extract from it

Trinity terrace

Camp hill

4 Smith Edwin

5 Holdich Thomas L

7 Richardson Hannah

8 Hemming James

National Schools

Thank you for that could you tell me what Whites is please I'm literally just feeling my feet doing this research, I've picked up useful bits of information on the way which appear to be coming together nicely.

it's just like a Kelly's directory but compiled by White's we have put all the Kelly's on the new sub directories all the others will be put on as soon as some time is found just keep asking for info the ones to go on are Post office directories of Birmingham, Slaters and Whites, the earliest we have is 1841

Fergie
Trinity Terrace ran from Camp Hill, immediately to the north of Trinity Church, from Camp Hill down to Sandy Lane. I have looked in a few old directories but have not found a Trinity Cottage, which could have been anywhere in this immediate district. There was an Upper Trinity Street, a Lower Trinity Street as well.
Further to John's note, to read about the CD version of White's 1849 Post Office Directory look up:
https://www.midlandshistoricaldata.org/index1.htm
You can buy a copy for only £12.99 post free (+ £1 overseas), or you can pay less to browse for a restricted time.
Peter

Thanks for the link brummie nick. I will have a look as some are quit costly.

Does anyone know if the marriage registers for Holy Trinity Church, Bordesley are online?

I am trying to track down my gt grandparents William James PAIN and Minnie Drusilla MARLOW who married Sept Q 1886 in Aston. This is their first marriage and they remarried the year after in 1887 in this church - I have this certificate. So I am hoping that the first marriage took place in the same church.

Hey Everyone!

For those who are interested, the much discussed Holy Trinity Church is currently being restored back to church and community use. It is scheduled to open by the end of the summer 2011 as the Birmingham Trinity Centre. Check out the website https://www.birminghamtrinitycentre.co.uk for details and pictures.

Hi Shirley

All I see there is an advert for a commercial conference centre, I can see no mention of church services or free community services. So in reality it's just a commercial venture with the only thing in its favour is that it is the lifeline that the church needed to save it. That is if the venture is a success.

Phil

Hello Again Shirley

Yes I had read the history section and had noted what it says about "The Church of all nations", but it only says a meeting place and not regular church services. I have scanned through the whole site and there is no mention of church services all I see is a money making operation, but as I said previously if this keeps the building in good repair then so be it.

Phil

Picture number 1.
New post.
Holly Trinity Church on Sandy Lane.
Night shot. Changing times.
Can anyone remember the name of the school in the shot towards Camp Hill?15. The old cathederal  on Camp hill...note the School to the right of the picture..Do you remem.jpg

Redken

That would be the Bordesley Trinity School on Camp Hill, as it was next door to Holy Trinity Church I suppose it must have been associated with it.

Phil

Here are a few more shots I took1.jpg on and around the Holy Trinity Church, showing Bordesley Bridge. Does anyone recognize this road?

Could you help me with a query of my own? I'm interested in a disused church at the top of Bordesley middleway. Very close to the now derelict Brewer and Baker pub. It looks like something out of a horror film. Its a huge building, and i have been told its owned by somebody who wanted to turn it into a nightclub but was refused on the grounds of serving alchohol on sacred ground. Any Ideas?
edd

hi edd now..down to your other query..i think i know the building you are talking about but later on i will have to do a google walk of bordesley middleway and see if it is the same building that i have often wondered about...unless of course one of our other members will have some info on it such as the name of the old church..
lyn

Last edited:
hi edd just done a google walk and no its not the same one that i was thinking about...is the church just before the lights and the iron bridge going accross the road?? if so there looks to be another old building to the right of the church poss the old vicarage..must say i would like to get a closer look at this church...

lyn

dont think so, its past the iron bridge on the right, just before the traffic island. I have a picture of it on my phone, i'll try to upload it, bear with me i've never done this before.

dont think so, its past the iron bridge on the right, just before the traffic island. I have a picture of it on my phone, i'll try to upload it, bear with me i've never done this before.

ok edd..mind you it depends which way you are coming from..when i googled walked it the church was on the left..good luck with posting a pic of it...
cant really see 2 churches being along that stretch of road..

lyn

Last edited:
I havn't a clue, Love to know though. And if its true about getting turned down as a nightclub. Ive come past there some nights, and the outside of the building is lit up from the floor upwards. Gotta get off here now, have to take in laws to the cemetary, i'll look back here later and see if anyone has managed to identify it.
Catch ya later Astoness
Edd

The Church is Holy Trinity Camp Hill and it has just been renovated as a sort of banqueting centre come local community centre. This is a slide from the marvellous Phylis Nicklin Collection. I think I read one of the vicars from there went missing and was never found, I'm almost certain it was the last one before the church was closed.

Attachments

• Camp Hill Holy Trinity.jpg
    Camp Hill Holy Trinity.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 37
oh thanks phil...what a splendid building that is and what a change to the surroundings...this now begs the question...what happened to that vicar...im just off to get the grass cut...back later..

lyn

There has been a book wrote about the Church and the school next door but the title escapes me at the moment but I will remember it a bit later
Hello OC Did you remember the name of the book about Holy Trinity Church and School please

Back