• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Holy Cross Church Billesley

bilsat

master brummie
Hi All.
As a child we used to play at Holy Cross Church. Beauchamp Rd. Billesley. Birmingham and I am convinced that there were grave stones along the side of the Church, during discussions with locals some said they remember them, other not. The Church members said that there were no graves but the area has now been built on so its hard to prove, the vicar has only been there one year and knows nothing. Do any members of this site remember them?

I know Holy Cross Church and can remember it before the Community Centre was bulit on the side. There used to be a 'wooden hut' used for meetings before that. I can only remember the hut and car park, no grave stones but, maybe, they were there before then. I can only go back about 20 years.

Were they along the other side between the church and Brigfield road?

Hi There.
If you stand outside the front of Holy Cross Church they would have been along the LH side wall going towards the rear of the Church.
The time that I am talking about was 1950----60 .I enclose a pic of "the hut"
Pete

Hmm grew up around there but do not recall graves at that church and it hardly looks as it if twould have had any but will ask my friend whose memory is slightly better.

Back