• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Holly Road

Grea

master brummie
How would I find out who was living at 16 Holly road Edgbaston in March 1956

A little confusing here, the 1955 and 1957 electoral roll lists 16 Holly Road as Albert & Ida Laugomer , Elizabeth & Jan Mohamed, and Thomas & Muriel Thompson, but also at 16 Melville Hall, Holly road as Jane & George Knowles

Many thanks, that is a real help. I will post the reason for asking for help tomorrow as it’s getting rather late. Thomas Thompson was the person I was looking for. Thank you again G

I was trying to help someone. Back in 1956 a man was seen running along the Hagley road in a distressed state and holding a child. A car driver stopped and asked if he could help. The man was rushing his ill child to hospital so the driver took him. The drivers name was Mr Bridge. Mr Bridge recently passed away and a letter from the distressed man was found in Mr Bridges belonging, thanking him for his good deed. The daughter of Mr Bridge was trying to find out how the child, now an adult was these days. The signature on the letter was T Thompson.

hi grea what a story and what a kind person mr bridge was to assist...if anyone can help grea with this enquiry please contact him via our private message system as it could well relate to a living person...let us know if you have any luck grea

lyn

hi grea what a story and what a kind person mr bridge was to assist...if anyone can help grea with this enquiry please contact him via our private message system as it could well relate to a living person...let us know if you have any luck grea

lyn
I’m hoping Mr Bridges daughter can continue the search now and she has some luck. Getting the Thompson’s Christian names is perfect. Many thanks G

Back