• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Holloway / Phillimore

Mike Fisher

Billesley Boy
I have just been given the following information from the Birmingham electoral rolls whilst researching my Walker relations.

1925 William Walker & Phillimore & Emma Holloway 346 Adam’s hill
1930 Phillimore & Emma Amelia Holloway 346 Adam’s hill
1935 Phillimore & Emma Amelia Holloway 346 Adam’s hill

I can't find anymore information on the Holloway family, can anyone else ?

Re: Phillimore Holloway

Have just realised I spelled Philimore with two l’s, when /it should only have one l sorry. Later entries show Phillimore & Emma Amelia Holloway at 346 Adam’s hil up to 1955 (online rolls go no further). In 1955 there was also Thomas J. & Iris D. Harris at the address.
M ike

hi mike
just a suggestion have you cheched out a lovely old couple by the name of philmore but sadley they have both died
i just cannot think of his first name but he was a well know architect in the city and christ knows where he lived in a very grand house and with grounds
and a lake whom i knew very well and with a house maid they both lived to an old age
i am not sure of the earlist date they moved into this great victorian house but they was there until the seventees and eightys when mr philmore died
there daughter sold the house to some guy whom was in the medical proffessinan and tryed to attempt to turn it into a nursing home but residents blocked it
the house is in kensington rd selly park birmingham the ladys name sounds familiar from time to time i see the old lady whom was there house maid for the last fifty years
i thought checking out any info on that house i just cannot emediately think of the house name because it did have a name
and i beleive the guystill kept the name of the house on it faces the convent which surrounds selly park rd and there boundry comes down keningston rd
with a big high wall and you can see all the graves stones of all the sisters that have been there for donkeys years with in there massive grounds
there are dozens of them in a line after line all with head stones and mr and mrs philmore house over see them
i hope you did not mind me suggesting this by judging the house and its greart size there could have been other members there living in time gone bye
it was really a vast house with endless bed rooms andall spacious
merry christmas mike and a happy new year best wishes astonion

I actually wonder if this is your chappie:

Marriages Dec 1900
Cartwright Elizabeth Stourbridge 6c 325
Hadley Arthur Stourbridge 6c 325
***Holloway Philemon Stourbridge 6c 325
***Walker Emma Amelia Stourbridge 6c 325

Potential Birth:

Births Sep 1876
Holloway Phil_non Stourbridge 6c 167

But a death:
Deaths Sep 1876
HOLLOWAY Philemon 0 Stourbridge 6c 76

Births Jun 1881
HOLLOWAY Philemon Stourbridge 6c 155

Philemon Holloway
Death Registration Month/Year: 1957
Age at death (estimated): 76
Registration district: Birmingham
Inferred County: Warwickshire
Volume: 9c
Page: 41

Maybe this is your Emma Amelia

Births Sep 1881
WALKER Emma Amelia Stourbridge 6c 150

Actually i've just had a look on Ancestry and there is someone researching the family - maybe you want to get in touch??

Back