• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hollick Ada

angela burley

master brummie
Please,does anyone have any Hollicks from the Ward End , Alum Rock or Bordsley Green areas of Birmingham in their family tree ?. I am searching for any family of Ada Hollick who married my Great Uncle Frank Rollinson,thanks Angela Burley nee Rollinson.

Re: Ada Hollick

They were on the Electoral Roll in 1935 and 1939 living at 81 Asquith Rd,
with Alice and Edwin Lowe,who I think was her mother and stepfather,
as her father appears to have died just after the 1911 census.
Marriages Mar 1918
Alice Hollick married Edwin Lowe Aston 6d 900
1945,just Ada and Alice were there.
1950 An Annie V Tonks was living there with Ada,and in 1955 Ada was listed on her own.
Ada had a brother William who was listed at Asquith Rd in 1918 (1'07M, H.M'.B. & No. 4, R.N.)
and in 1920,1922 and 1925 with Alice and Edwin Lowe.
Possible marriage for William?
Marriages Sep 1925
William Hollick married Gladys Farley Birmingham N. 6d 1239
I have IM'd you re possible births from this marriage.
Hope this helps

theres a death of ada rollinson in 1973 birmingham. birth date for this person was 16th aug 1897.

Thanks Ladylinda,she is the correct Ada as she gave 81 Asquith Road on her marriage certificate,i shall study the details now,thanks again Angela

Ladylinda,could you please clarify thd date for a possible marriage for William Hollick and Gladys Farley,also what does H.M.B &No 4 R.N. mean,thanks Angela

hi all.cant be much help regarding ada but i know she was down as a witness at the marriage of my nan florence tonks this was december 1925.i know there has been no recent activity but just in case someone drops by thought i would leave a message.

Back