• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Holidays spent in Wales as a child.

Mowhawk I was there that year too with our twins. Pete couldn't come as he had to start his new job at Ansells so Mom and Aunt Floss came instead.

Attachments

• pete steve 013.jpg
    pete steve 013.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 21
For 6 consecutive years when I was a child in the 1960s we spent the first week of August on our summer family holiday at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, North Wales. Rooms were fitted out as basic self-catering accommodation i.e. beds and a calor gas hob. It was a fantastic place to holiday as a boy, and I loved it. It has now found fame as the location for this year's "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" TV programme.Abergele Gwrych Castle 9.jpg

For 6 consecutive years when I was a child in the 1960s we spent the first week of August on our summer family holiday at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, North Wales. Rooms were fitted out as basic self-catering accommodation i.e. beds and a calor gas hob. It was a fantastic place to holiday as a boy, and I loved it. It has now found fame as the location for this year's "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" TV programme.View attachment 150362
did you see any ghosts while you was there?

For 6 consecutive years when I was a child in the 1960s we spent the first week of August on our summer family holiday at Gwrych Castle in Abergele, North Wales. Rooms were fitted out as basic self-catering accommodation i.e. beds and a calor gas hob. It was a fantastic place to holiday as a boy, and I loved it. It has now found fame as the location for this year's "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" TV programme.View attachment 150362
Here`s hoping they will stick them all in the dungeon & do a live show when they are let out after a few weeks on bread & water ( maybe a jam sarnie on Sundays )

Here`s hoping they will stick them all in the dungeon & do a live show when they are let out after a few weeks on bread & water ( maybe a jam sarnie on Sundays )
after a few weeks locked in there they will be screaming get me out of here 1605890414861.png:grinning:

mw0njm : As you might imagine, there were always other children spreading rumours about a ghost .... but I was more scared of the jellyfish in the Irish Sea !

mw0njm : As you might imagine, there were always other children spreading rumours about a ghost .... but I was more scared of the jellyfish in the Irish Sea !
i think i would rather the j/fish. chase me. Geoff.
when i lived in brum,it was great going to wales for a holiday. now i go to brum for a holiday:grinning:

Not being a fan, I would be quite happy for all of them, AND the production team, be kept in the dungeons for good

Last edited:
Back