• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hockley Hill

again these are new to me.....pic 1 numbers 31 to 35 dated 1961

pic 2 numbers 169 to 172 dated 1961
I just discovered several generations of family (Collins) lived at 171 and 172 Hockley Hill, during the 1841 and 1851 censuses. This photo happened 100 years too late, but its still amazing to me! Thank you for sharing!

Hi Mike
on the right of hockley hill on the map is shown metal works gas fittings would you know if this was Howlets factory, as my grandfather worked there till he retired I remember going on fishing trips with him from there by coach, but cannot remember whereabouts the building was, if anyone has a photo it would be much appreciated. edd
Worked at Howletts 1961 through to the move to Thimblemill Lane and beyond. The fishing trips would have been organised by Billy Hancox whose job seemed to be Social Secretary - he also kept the Snooker and Table Tennis Tables in tip top order. Changed times!!

great photos viv...i think i was doing some research on no 111 not long back but for now i just cant recall why :D :rolleyes:
Was it something to do with this thread Lyn?

Back