• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hockley Brook romantic, picturesque architecture

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
Laurel Cottage, Hockley Brook, was built in the Tudor style in 1830/40. Another example of revival architecture was in Winsor Terrace, also at Hockley Brook. Do either of these still exist. They did at least until the time of this article in 1950. Viv.
310EB7C1-35B1-44CF-8625-B6D24AFCD85A.jpeg
Source: British Newspaper Archives.

Attachments

• 23A749E6-36FA-4241-B943-018C5695341F.jpeg
    23A749E6-36FA-4241-B943-018C5695341F.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
thanks viv ive got laurel cottage on a map but its long gone now...pretty sure it was not there when i lived round the corner from it but having said that if it was hidden by large trees i most likely walked past it hundereds of times...i shall print these off for my old end folder..great addition to it

lyn

for completion here is a map showing the cottage...well back off the road which explains why i cant recall it

nursery road showing no 1.jpg

Back